38.3 weeks pregnant and noooo contractions what so ever!

Getting very annoyed with the fact i have a week and 4 days left and still have felt no contractions! Someone please tell me this is normal and dose not necessarily mean i will go over my 40 week mark? I am also dilated 1 in a half cm and 50% softened.

Casteel_chick

Asked by Casteel_chick at 12:59 PM on Jan. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It is normal -

I did go over due with my son, but I didn't have ANY contractions whatsoever until the day before I gave birth to him...

Hang in there!
    onyourterms

Answer by onyourterms at 1:04 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I didn't have any contractions before delivery either (that I knew of) so you are not alone. I was induced 3 days early and actually found out I did have some contractions for a couple days leading up to that, I just didn't know they were contractions. Sometimes it would feel like my baby was pressing up against the top of my stomach, or so I thought, but those were actually early contractions. Don't worry- they will come eventually!! Good luck and congrats!
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 1:10 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• It's normal, and you might, and probably, have longer than a week and 4 days. I sat at 3cm and 75% effaced for weeks and ended up having baby number one 6 days past my due date. Oh, and you are probably having contractions and don't feel them, thats how you dilate after all.
    Anonymous

• sweetie i went to 42 week with no contractions lol i decided to get induced cause i knew my little man was going to be big and he was over 9 pounds. And i just wasnt going to go on my own until it was a danger to me and the baby (this happens to all the woman on my moms side)

I was 2-3 cm (cant remember how effaced) for 4 weeks!! sigh

I just hope you arent too uncomfortable, i was fine the whole time. I hope its like that with the next
    oscarandbaby

Answer by oscarandbaby at 1:35 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• well it's very typical to go over the 40 week mark. you're not post-term until after 42 weeks. i did not feel any contractions AT ALL until the night before my son was born at 41 weeks. :) so just because you haven't felt anything, doesn't mean you won't have your baby tomorrow, but i always think it's good to just count on going past that EDD. good luck!!!
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 2:04 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I did not have contractions with either of my first two...the first was born 1 day before due, the second was 9 days past due. This one I have had contractions on and off for weeks. Don't worry, the time will come and you will finally meet your baby!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 2:26 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• With my 1st I didn't have contractions until 39 weeks and 5 days, and my baby was born the next day. WIth my 2nd and 3rd I never had any contractions before my scheduled c-section at 37 weeks, and they were twins so I really expected some sign of impending labor.
    Anonymous

• Hang in there you will be fine. I did not have any contractions whatsoever until the day before I had my daughter. Goodluck and welcome to motherhood!!
    Texan1993

Answer by Texan1993 at 5:27 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I have never had any contractions prior to labor, not even braxton hicks, none that i felt anyway. Both times i woke up with contractions and both babies were born the same day, both in the 39th week. There is no reason why you should be having contractions before labor and being dilated or not is not an indication of anything.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 7:58 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I didn't have any with my first daughter, I was induced at 39 weeks, ended up with a c-section.
    MizMzBowz

Answer by MizMzBowz at 10:39 PM on Jan. 15, 2010