What are you waiting for a... heartattack?

I told myself I will start to do right with my body and I haven't :(

WTF?....what am I waiting for a freaking heartattack...I know this but yet I don't/can't/won't do anything about it I try for a week and then I fall back into that rut of eating ALL THE WRONG FOODS!!! Why is it sooo hard to make that change?

Give me a sign ladies, thank you!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:02 PM on Jan. 14, 2010 in Health

• my biggest motivator is photos of myself! find one from when you were the size you want to get back to and take a current one, full body. Seeing it like that is a real big wake up call for me.
    Anonymous

• The hardest thing to do is to make it a habit!
    Bad Habits are easy - good habits are not.
    Teaching yourself to eat right is nothing more than making a good habit! Once you get into a solid routine, it will be easy - the trick is getting yourself there!
    I agree take a full size pic, or find whateve rit is that will motivate you adn then get to work on forming a GOOD habit :)
    Best of luck!
    onyourterms

Answer by onyourterms at 1:09 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I would start with simple changes.
    Don’t buy junk food
    Walk, or do other exercise, for at least 20 minutes a day, at least 3 times a week.
    Make sure that you are drinking enough water, at least 8 8oz glasses a day.
    Eat an apple or big pile of veggies before meals.
    Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, in at least 3 different colors.
    Eat 5-6 servings of whole grains a day.
    Eat at least two servings of legumes a day.
    Cut way back on meat and dairy.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:15 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• The biggest thing that will stop you is your own mind, you need to get out of the Diet mindset. When you dont look at it as a diet you do better. dont cut all bad things out of your life, allow yourself one day per week where you can treat your self. I recently read somewhere (sorry cant remember where) that those who are most succesful at turning their eating habits arouns are those that allow for cheating, they eat healthy a average of 80% of the time but still lose weight faster than those who do not.

I made changes in our foods and allow myself that one cheat meal per week. I lost 6 pounds in the first week. You can eat healthy and enjoy it. I still eat pizza (made at home) fruit smoothies, I snack 3 times per day I love it, and now my family is on board with it, i stopped buying anything white and now we only eat whole wheat and multigrain, even our pasta.

Read the abs diet for women, the meal plan works!
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:29 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Unfortunatly, many people dont stop habits until its too late. And sometimes that wont stop them either. You got to listen to that concience that is telling you everytime you know you should change, but dont. Every day you have the opportunity to change. MAybe you need a friend who can motivate you. Or visit a nutritionalist and a councelor. I know how you feel so many signs are telling me to quit smoking, but I keep doing it. I need to think of how I WANT to be not how I am now.
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 2:25 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• You can't look at it as a diet, you must look at it as a lifestyle change. You need to put yourself first and figure out what it is that you need to do and just to it. No junk allowed in the house, it isn't good for anyone. WHITE OUT no white bread-sugar-rice, whole grains only, no red meat, eat well balance small meals, exercise. Good luck, it is a battle I have too. So I know it is not easy.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 4:08 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Put on your sneakers and walk out the door...it's that simple, start by walking, you'll boost your metabolism and strengthen your heart.
    Anonymous

• Make small changes & goals first... Such as: Instead of chips for a snack, have an apple. Go for a 15 minute walk once a week, then twice, then 3 times, & build up from there on the exercise. Buy whole grain pasta & bread instead of white. Replace 1 "bad" meal a week with 1 "good" meal.
    If you start small, it won't seem like a gigantic life change all at once, & it won't seem so intimidating. Good luck, mama!! :)
    emslala

Answer by emslala at 12:57 AM on Jan. 15, 2010