My 5 yr old dd is already expierencing teachers pet towards another student

My 5 yr old goes to kindergarten and up till now she has loved it. She is now acting out and coming home without a good behavior sticker. I sat down with her and I asked her whats going on? She tells me there's no use in trying my best when the teacher doesn't notice. She is very bright and enthusiastic about learning. She tells me that a girl in her class is picked for everything and that the girl gets two stickers when everyone else gets one. The girl is a bully also towards my daughter not in a recognizable abusive way, but in a sneaky way. I saw this first hand when I came in to the class for a day to help out. I really did see that when the girl raised her hand she was picked most of the time. My daughter sat down next to her at circle time she engaged my daughter in conversation quietly and then proceeded to raise her hand and tell the teacher that my daughter is talking. What do I say to the teacher so this stops?

oldmomof4

Asked by oldmomof4 at 1:03 PM on Jan. 14, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Just tell your daughter to be the sweet little good girl that she is and just be nice to her...I went through the very same thing and I too wanted to have a talk with the teacher but then I did not bc I really didn't think I'd make a difference 5 months of school and she will be going to the next grade. In our case my dd and another girl in her class told on my dd saying she did this or that and my dd defended herself but then later my dd asked the girl why did you tell on me?...Bc you never get into trouble. I thought that was plain mean (but they are kids) anyway as time went by they are talking to eachother and traded phone #'s we haven't done anything yet bc this was recent. Just tell ur dd to hang in there. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 1:09 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• You can always schedule a conference with the teacher and principal. You can also schedule a play date with this child and your daughter to help smooth the rug. (so to speak). It's had when children at young, to get involved with situations like yours. For me my daughter last likes this boy and in class they both got into trouble, learning will nill. I requested that they not be placed in the same class. They both are doing great in school and only see each other at play time and outside parties.

It's hard when teachers favor one child. You can always write a note asking that you daughter be called on. Open house you can make a joke about it to the teacher. Oh, Mrs. So & So, I hear you only have one student in the class. ha ha
    Sometimes people don't realize what they are doing. It's your choice. I speak to my daughter and remind her that you want her to do good in school and be in the best behavior.
    happynewyorker

Answer by happynewyorker at 10:46 AM on Jan. 15, 2010