Burned or buried?

When you die will you be buried or cremated? Do you have a believe and thats why you are doing one or the other, or is it because of money issues?

armywife2009101

Asked by armywife2009101 at 1:06 PM on Jan. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Belief
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 1:07 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I will be cremated. It's just so much cheaper! why pay 1000's of dollars for a plot, 1000's on the box, etc when it can cost like $500 for a nice urn + the cremation, and if you get scattered, it's even cheaper! I do not want to put my family under any unnecessary financial burden when I die.
    Anonymous

• burn baby burn lol
    I want to be creamated and sprinled out on the land were my papa's house is (family land)
    my body will allways be "home", and my son will not spend thousands on a box to put me in the ground
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 1:11 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• My personal choice is to be cremated, not for financial reasons though. But I still want a plot in a cemetery and I want my ashes buried. My husband I and I both want this. I sure don't want my ashes up on my kids' mantel after I'm gone and I don't want to be scattered, I want a place where my family can go after I'm gone. I just get a little freaked thinking about my body just rotting away year after year. So I guess I want both. To be cremated then my ashes buried.
    vowens82

Answer by vowens82 at 1:13 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• BBQ me!

becoming worm food creeps me out- don't like the idea of having fam spend 1,000's on funeral costs either. just sprinkle me somewhere and be done- take the $$$ you would have spent and go party, remember all the good times!
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 1:14 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• cremated. I just like it better. My father was at the end of Oct this past year. My sisters and I all have lockets with his ashes in it. Also that is what I did to my daughter that died 4 years ago today. She is in the back or a teddy bear that sits in my living room on a high shelf that my sons can see but not touch. My 5 yr old knows his sisters remains are in there so he can't play with it.
    Anonymous

• I try not to think about any of those details. :-)
    Anonymous

• Thats interesting that alot of people want to be cremated. My aunt does to and the fam dont like it. I want to be buried. I'll pay for it myself. Hopefully I wont die until Im good and old and I will have it all paid for so my daughter dont have to. I want a beautiful casket. I want to be buried in a cute top and bottom. No dress. I dont wear dresses now so dont bury me in one. I want my hair curly. I wear my hair curly now so I dont want it straight or pin up or anything. No pink on me. Oh and make my face up with MAC. I wear MAC now and Im quite sure I will later so put it on my face. I want to look like Im just sleeping so my grandkids can say, "Grandma still look good." lol
    But if I have some type of illness or something that makes me all skinny and not look like myself, then cremate me. I want people to remember me how I am.
    Anonymous

• Neither. Donate my body to science and let some futher dr learn from it. Perhaps this dr will be the one to save my childrens life some day.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 1:20 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• My husband wants to be cremated and so do i and my kids will too probably. He does not like the fact his body will be 6 feet under with bugs and he does not like the fact also that he has to have his loved ones cry over his grave. So i agreed ( on his will-he is army) so that is what we gonna go...
    aeroslove

Answer by aeroslove at 1:22 PM on Jan. 14, 2010