Almost 38, overweight, DH really wants another child.

After my first two kids I had horrible PPD. My DD is almost 4 1/2 and I still struggle with some of the depression, have not lost the 70 extra pounds that resulted from it and feel pretty blah most of the time. My DH really wants another child and I am kind of there too, but worry about depression getting worse. I would lose weight first, but time is ticking on my childbearing years. Anyone been in a similar situation? Any thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:08 PM on Jan. 14, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I'm sorry your struggling. Being a mom is hard work. Have you talked to your doctors about medications? When I have questions about meds I talk alot to my pharmacists, they're very very helpful.

I have three kids myself. My suggestion is since you're not sure that you want another one plus PPD on top of that and two kids already to think about getting personal counselling to help your husband understand your health now and when you had your other kids. And also talk with a counselor's help both of your different thoughts of having another baby with your health history and the responsibilities you have yourself with your other two kids.

Be sure to take care of yourself for your kids you have then, jmo, that's the time to think of another baby. I just think when we have multiple children already the time is right to have another one best when health and finances, living is already taken care of. For my 3rd, I was 38.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 1:18 PM on Jan. 14, 2010