Cradlecap

ok ladies. My son Oliver is seven months old. His cradle cap has come back full force. I have tried the baby oil and combing it out. Nothing seems to work. I have been told to use head and shoulders. Has anyone tried this and have it work. Any other ideas will be great also. Thanks!!

posangie

Asked by posangie at 1:12 PM on Jan. 14, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My dd had cradle cap bad the first year of her life, it went down to her eyebrows, and we had to use head and shoulders and it worked great. it went away and if we ever saw signs of it returning then we would just use Head and shoulders for a few baths and then presto it was gone again. She is 2 now and still gets flacky from time to time, but we just pull out the shampoo again.
    kanakake

Answer by kanakake at 1:34 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• we used olive oil and combed it out, sometimes every day

Answer by rkoloms at 1:13 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• My Doc told my to use a toothbrush - a soft on and brush the scalp often and about twice a week to use Selsen Blue shampoo
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 1:15 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I used Aveeno baby shampoo it worked great.
    Anonymous

• Baby Aveeno did not work for us , Head and shoulders was too strong and it smells but it worked.
    Mrs2009

Answer by Mrs2009 at 1:39 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Coconut oil works wonders and a soft brush to loosen it.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 7:48 PM on Jan. 14, 2010