Can anyone refer an OBGYN in San Antonio, TX?

My elder sister moved to Canyon Lake, TX in August 2009. She found out this morning that she is pregnant with her second child. She has gone to the same OBGYN in Memphis, TN since she was 16 and he was also the doctor who delivered her daughter last year. He is the most incredible doctor. He does monthly ultrasounds, gives all his expectant Moms his mobile number incase they have questions, runs tests to check for birth defects, and treats every expectant mother like they are his most important patient. In other words, my sister has been spoiled rotten by this doctor. She realizes that there is probably not another doctor who is that attentive to his expectant mothers but is looking for someone who is great at putting his patients at ease. Can someone please recommend someone? This pregnancy was unexpected and she thought she would have established a relationship with a new doctor before having another baby. Thanks!!

sbmoore

Asked by sbmoore at 1:36 PM on Jan. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• well we have a diff opinion of what makes a good provider (like monthly u/s! and checking for birth defects in every pregnancy! i guess whatever floats your boat) anyway most doctors will do those tests if you want, monthly u/s, not so sure. the being treating like a human being is important though so i hope she can find that! :) i would suggest she join a local group for san antonio either here on CM, or on momslikeme, and then ask for recommendations from them. she can also start meeting w/ different OBs/midwives to see how they seem.
    Anonymous

• Dr. Pat Tolar in the Methoidist building in the medical center. You won't get monthly ultrsounds, but you will get an amazing doctor who really cares about his patients. Be prepared to do your part though. if he tells you to do something he expects you to do it.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:01 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• 2autisticsmom- Thank you so much!! She and I both realize monthly ultrasounds are not important unless there is something wrong and GOD forbid that be the case. I just want to make sure she is well taken care of. I hate having my big sis so far away without her sisters and family while pregnant. Her husband works one month on, two weeks off, on an oil rig. So she will be literally alone and I want to be assured that she will be comfortable and at ease during her pregnancy. Thank you again!!
    sbmoore

Answer by sbmoore at 10:00 AM on Jan. 15, 2010