WHAT'S THE EARLIEST AGE YOU CAN PEIRCE YOUR BABY GIRLS EARS AT ?

THE DR. TOLD ME AFTER 2 MONTHS OLD. MY BABY'S NOW 3 MONTHS. AT WHAT AGE DID YOU PIERCE YOUR BABY'S EARS AT ?

SANDYCAT

Asked by SANDYCAT at 1:39 PM on Jan. 14, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i havent gotten my daughters ears pierced but the lady at the ear piercing place said at age 2 months they can do it but we have to bring in her shot record so that they can see she got her shots
    kanakake

Answer by kanakake at 1:42 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I wouldn't do that to my baby... What if she grows up and doesn't want her ears pierced? My Mom made me do it at 14 and I have never worn earrings since. I hate them. To me it's no different than letting a child get a tattoo at an early age. They don't have a voice, or the understanding of the situation. It's a life long thing, why would you want to make that decision for her? JMO, don't get your back up.
    Anonymous

• 4 months by then they should have all their shots.
    Anonymous

• To Anon above. You can always take earrings out. It's not like a tattoo at all. I got my dd done at 9 months but I know you can do it earlier. I think she has to be 6 weeks. I plan on doing my other dd between 6 and 9 months.
    vowens82

Answer by vowens82 at 1:46 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I asked for and got my ears pierced at age 3. My mom refused to pierce my ears before that. LOL I don't have a daughter, I just wanted to give you another outlook on it.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:47 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• my mother got my ears peirced the old fashioned way needle and thread when i was two months i believe!! its good to know its a lot gentler and sanitary now days
    christinaMJ

Answer by christinaMJ at 1:49 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• my daughter's doctor pierced her ears at 6 weeks.
    mama2_3angels

Answer by mama2_3angels at 2:09 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I would never pierce my daughter's ears - that's HER decision. She can't just take them out and let them close up when she gets older; if they were pierced properly they won't close up and she'll have those holes forever. My daughter is now 8 and doesn't want them done - I'm so glad I didn't do it when she was an infant!

Answer by missanc at 2:09 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• The right age is when she chooses to permanently alter her body, and is responsible enough to take care of her ears.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:15 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I wouldn't pierce my daughters ears (if I had one, I only have a son) until she expressed the desire to have them done. I was about 4 years old when I got mine pierced, and at that point I was aware that it would hurt, but even at that young age, I really wanted it done, so my mom took me to get them pierced. I think that was fine.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 2:23 PM on Jan. 14, 2010