WHAT DOES IT MEAN WHEN YOUR TODDLER PUTS THEIR HEAD TO THEIR SHOULDER?

I WAS TOLD EITHER BEING SHY OR AFRAID .......WHAT DO YOU THINK ?
MY 2 1/2 YR. OLD HAS DONE THIS A FEW TIMES- NOT A LOT- JUST A FEW, BUT 1 OF MY NIECES WHO'S 5 YRS. OLD DOES THIS ALL THE TIME.

SANDYCAT

Asked by SANDYCAT at 1:47 PM on Jan. 14, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My friends 18 mo. does this when he wants to get away with something. I think that it depends on the kind and what they are doing when they do that. If he is in a social situation then maybe he is shy or like in my friends case maybe the child is using it to be cute.
    annamcg18

Answer by annamcg18 at 1:50 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I understand what you mean as far as being shy or scared but to me I think it is just their way of feeling safe (when they are reallly young) and for the bigger kids they are just rubbing all their love on you...lol....I love it when kids to that you can actually feel their love :)
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 1:50 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Your child could have an ear infection. Thats what happened with my daughter.
    Texan1993

Answer by Texan1993 at 4:59 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• My DD does it to be cute...like "what? I didn't do anything!" She's 18 months lol
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 5:15 AM on Jan. 15, 2010