waiting to take a test and i am losing my mind!

My period is not til the 21st but I am going to take a test Sat. 5 days sooner. I try to keep my mind off of the time but all I think about is taking the test. What if I am not prego and I have to do this wait over again next month too. My nerves are getting to me! I feel real anxious! How can I take my mind off things? I have cleaned my house so much that now I have nothing to do which is not typical of me at all. I don't know how to manage this anxiety.

annamcg18

Asked by annamcg18 at 1:47 PM on Jan. 14, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• baby dustI am in the same exact boat!! I know what you are saying.. It is driving me crazy 2! I dont ovulate until saturday/sunday or so, so I have a little longer to wait! I will be testing on the 28th... I am sending you lots and lots of baby dust and the best of luck!!! Keep us posted!

Rjmjpappy

Answer by Rjmjpappy at 1:58 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• ok thanks its always good to hear that i am not the only one going through this
    annamcg18

Answer by annamcg18 at 2:05 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• *IF* you are not pregnant this month, pick up a copy of "Taking Charge Of Your Fertility" by Toni Wechsler...charting your cycle will really really make a difference in your confidence.

But yes...you're completely normal.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:26 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I just made DH give me more sex. I made me fell like I was getting pregnant-er! Ha!! 5 days before your missed period is early early to test. You can easily get a false negative then. You'll make yourself crazy. Wait until the day before AF and use first morning urine.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 5:36 PM on Jan. 14, 2010