What would you think of a 6 yr. old girl having her ears pierced twice?

I know a little girl who has two piercing on each ear lobe. I don't think it's no biggie but curious on what other people think...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:47 PM on Jan. 14, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I've actually had 2 holes in each lobe since I was about 7 but it wasn't to wear 2 earrings, it was because the original holes from when I was a baby actually ended up being way too low on my ears, like a few millimeters from ripping out. Could that be why she has 2 sets of holes?
    Anonymous

• If she asked for it and especially if mom already has it, no biggie. A six year old can be taught how to care for it properly. My mom wouldn't let me get a second set even after I was way older. When I moved out, I got a second set+..LOL I have 4 different holes in each ear. She got over it.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:50 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I think if she wants her ears pierced twice then she should be allowed to express herself in that way. plus earrings look cute on little girls!
    Rebecca25

Answer by Rebecca25 at 1:54 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I was a teen in the 80s so I wouldn't tthink anything of it.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 2:03 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I wouldn't think anything of it as long as she wore age appropriate earrings and didn't dress like a teenager to go along with it.
    Anonymous

• im all for it!! my niece who is 8 just got her second hole, and i was hopin my 5 yr old would ask me if she could get her second hole done to, but she didnt..lol..i think it looks cute!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 10:23 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I wouldn't put too much thought into it. I could go either way on this one. However, whichever position I took, I would stick to my guns. I would let my daughter revisit the issue when she was 16 or so.
    Zanjea

Answer by Zanjea at 3:55 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• my SD just got her ears pierced for a 2nd time. She is 9. I personally wouldn't have let her get them done. one she doesn't take care of the earrings she has now. she rarely wears earrings and and doesn't take care of her ears. However even if she was perfect with the first whole I would never give her the 2nd hole. Its a personal thing. My daughter will only have one whole until she is at least 14 maybe older. I don't think less of someone who does, but I don't like it in my daughter, I guess. Sorry for not making much sense.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 10:35 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I would think less of a 6 year old with two holes than I would of a 3mo old with one... At that age they are able to decide if they want to wear earings and they can tell you if there is any pain or infections... I don't see an issue. My kids can have them whenever they choose to have them, but it will be their choice and it will be done by an actual piercer... To see someone at 6 with earrings doesn't phase me at all... It's the poor little babies that turn my stomach...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:40 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I had my little one''s ears done first time @3month and then for a 2nd set @ 9 month. Adorable and not an issue at all.
    BiggiNeumann

Answer by BiggiNeumann at 3:47 AM on Feb. 18, 2011