what is going on with my sister and her husband?

my sister and her husband both work and raise beef cattle. they couldn't afford to feed them any more so they sold most of them and had the rest butchered. they didn't have room in thier freezer for all of it and stored some in my small chest freezer. i was at thier house for their youngest birthday and they mentioned they were out of meat. so i mentioned the meat they had in my freezer. they didn't say anything so i assumed they'd picked it up. they have a key. but two days ago i went into my freezer to get something i had in there and thier meat is still there. i was there for christmas and noticed thier refrigerator freezer was empty. and my bil is in my town everyday. we work for the same company. i am bringing it out to them this weekend. does anyone else think this is odd?

binker55

Asked by binker55 at 1:51 PM on Jan. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• Maybe they have decided to be vegetarian?

Answer by rkoloms at 2:12 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• The quickest way to find out is to ask them. Perhaps they feel bad about having to have someone else store it..who knows.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:25 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Errrr.....call them and remind them.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 2:26 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• They keep forgetting it? I dunno...
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 2:51 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• They are probably both emabarrassed to ask for the meat b/c it means they can't feed themselves, and don't want to be a burden to you or have you think you need to help them. My bil and his wife just pulled that on us. We always have something that goes to waste, and about a month ago my mil called to tell us that bil and family were basically out of food but didn't want anyone to know b/c they were to ashamed of not having the money to get groceries. Take the meat and maybe some extra canned goods or whatever you have that you're pretty sure won't get eaten right away at your house. Tell them you didn't want it to go to waste. Then sit them down and ask them if they need anything.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 4:43 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• why not ask?
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 5:41 PM on Jan. 14, 2010