7 month old refuses to lay down and sleep since learning to sit up and stand. Help.

My 7 month old just learned how to sit up and stand and now he refuses to laydown to go to sleep. He used to be great at going to sleep away by himself, and now I having to do the CIO with him, because he refuses to lay down. Any other ideas on how to get him to go to sleep easier?

jackjackpac

Asked by jackjackpac at 2:07 PM on Jan. 14, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• He's changing. Let him play in the crib until he tires out. I still nurse my 10 month old to sleep so I don't have any issues with that. Good luck.
    Anonymous

• Put him to sleep, then lay him down.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 2:12 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Hold him on your lab until he falls asleep. My grandson likes watching music videos and falls asleep on my lap. I hold him while he naps. I think holding a sleeping baby or toddler is one of the greatest pleasures there is in life.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:50 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I nurse him to sleep, the problem comes when he wakes up 30 min. later and sits up.
    jackjackpac

Answer by jackjackpac at 3:02 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I just let my son talk and play in there by himself. I do not put toys in there, as that will encourage him to stay awake longer. However, my son is over a year old and still sometimes doesn't want that nap. Regardless of how tired he is. I put my son to bed with a sippy and have since he was about 8-9 months old. That's how he goes down for the night as well. That usually does the trick. On the days when he is just obstinant .. I just let him sit in there and fuss and talk and usually he falls asleep.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 3:32 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Oh, so he's just waking frequently... nurse him back to sleep and lay him down again. My 10 month old wakes every 45minutes for a few hours some nights (before we go to bed, after we go to bed with him he sleeps right on through...). I just lay down with him, nurse him back to sleep and leave the room again. I know, it's a little trying... but it will pass. It's just a phase, most babies sleep really bad starting around 7 months.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 3:51 PM on Jan. 14, 2010