Did anyone check there own cervix late in pregnancy?

I got pretty used to checking my cervix when I was TTC and I just checked it and it feels really soft and open. So I was wondering if anyone else checked their own cervix and how did it feel to you how would you explain it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:14 PM on Jan. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• yes I got curious around 39 weeks of pregnancy... everyone tells you not to because of germs and whatnot, but at that point we were having so much sex to try and bring on labor I figured my washed hands wouldn't hurt. Of course I could barely reach my cervix around my huge belly.... it was still hard and closed .... I never tried again because I figured I didn't know what I was doing lol!!
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 2:20 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Oh btw I went to the doctor a few days later and it was still hard and not dilated ... I was induced a week later because I never progressed...
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 2:21 PM on Jan. 14, 2010