Is this true? Will you call?

I heard today on FB that calling the 700 Club @ 1-(800)-759-0700 to give them your opinion of Pat Robertson's despicable comments about Haiti costs the organization about $1 to pick up each call. I hope so. Will you call?

DEpley

Asked by DEpley at 2:19 PM on Jan. 14, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Damn. Makes me wish I had phone. And I hate calling people.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 2:32 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• No I won't. I make it a point in life to NEVER go out of my way to hurt anyone no matter what. I agree that his comment wasn't very nice, but I would never diminish myself over something so trivial.
    Anonymous

• When I saw this, something clicked into place:

about 25 years ago, my flight instructor was talking about general stuff. He mentioned that he had logged 22,000 hours of flight time while in the military, and so he had been EVERYwhere.

In the middle of describing various locales & telling stories of visits, he paused and got serious. He said that there was one place he would NEVER go back to - Haiti. He said that walking down the street in Haiti, he had the worst sensation of danger and "this is a bad place to be".

He didn't say anything else, perhaps it had to do with how passers-by were looking at him or something.

But this memory jumped into my mind with Pat Robertson's remark. ... And such things have been said about Haiti for years, Pat Robertson isn't just making it up out of thin air.

I don't know Haiti's society at all - a corrupt vicious gov't will poison the society it rules. Perhaps that's what it is
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 2:28 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• No. I will not. This man does NOT affect policy. This man has NO real power. He is allowed to his opinion no matter how crazy. Just like maddow and oberman, O'Reilly and Beck. I may not agree with them, I may think what they say is stupid.....but they still have the right to say it until the viewership drops and the networks drop them. I think some people are awful upset over this silly mans comments but are giving passes to the people in the Obama cabinet who have said crazy stupid stuff and have the ear of the POTUS!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 2:32 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• He didn't say anything else, perhaps it had to do with how passers-by were looking at him or something. or maybe they were too black for him or just didn't understand or feel comfortable in a different cultural setting

But this memory jumped into my mind with Pat Robertson's remark. ... And such things have been said about Haiti for years, by other racist idiots or fools who feed into nonsense like Gays caused Katrina and God caused an earthquake to punish Haiti..... 

Pat Robertson isn't just making it up out of thin air. Yes he is I don't know Haiti's society at all and yet you are commtoenting on it - a corrupt vicious gov't will poison the society it rules. Perhaps that's what it is A corrupt gov't CAUSED an EARTHQUAKE?

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 2:36 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• No. I will not. This man does NOT affect policy. This man has NO real power

He has the power to shape the minds and hearts of the millions of christians that he preaches too....

He is allowed to his opinion no matter how crazy.

And we have the right to PROTEST it, because of how ignorant is it

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 2:37 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Just called the lady that answered sounded very testy! lol

Anonymous

• I'll post this is my groups
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 2:39 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Yes, yes and yes!

Answer by older at 2:45 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• An 800 number is charged 5 cents a minute for incoming calls, at least in my area. So, probably not $1, but if a lot of people call to complain it will certainly annoy them.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 2:59 PM on Jan. 14, 2010