Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How much...?

Ok, so I babysit a 3 year old. Actually she is at my house more than her parent's. Her father just got deployed and has to be gone for about a month. Maybe longer. I am going to have her 24-7 while he is gone. How much should I charge for keeping her??

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 2:29 PM on Jan. 14, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

Answers (8)
  • where is her mother?

    Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 2:30 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

  • I would say if she is going to live there that 1000 a month is more than reasonable if not even a little low.

    Answer by truealaskanmom at 2:32 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

  • Her mother is in another state and doesnt really seem to care what happens to her......I's an example: she was ill one night with a fever of 102.5, I couldn't get intouch with her i asked her mother what she though i should do and she cussed me out. told me she couldnt do anything about it and to stop rubbing it in her face that i had her and she didnt....

    He's going to be paying me once a week....?? I usually charge 3 an hour and then 10 for the whole night (she's sleeping anyway). So should i just keep the same pay rate or charge a flat rate for the whole week...?

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:36 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

  • just curious because you said "her parents house" leading me to believe there were two parents

    IDK, did you ask dad what he can afford?

    Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 2:37 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

  • I would charge one flat rate for the whole week. Make it easy on the both of you.

    Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 3:02 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

  • i think is a very noble thing you are doing to take this little girl on for a month so her father can work........i would just ask him what he can afford and what needs to be provided by you and go from there...

    Answer by cara124 at 3:13 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

  • Ask him what he can afford. It is great that you are willing to help this man out. I would charge a flat rate that is comfortable for both of you. Make sure he gets notartized paper from him to treat her for medical issues.

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 6:05 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

  • Yes, I have already obtained medical POA for her. And it's not so much as a way of helping him. I am just being there for the child. She has never had a stable home, with either of her parents. He mother only cares when she has to....which recently hasn't been very often. Her father only sees her 3 hours a day by choice. Yes, he does work, but that does not mean that he has to totally give up his responsibility as a father and just leave her with me all the time. I have actually been trying to find information on getting custody of her, but haven't been successful on the net. If anyone has any info please let me know!

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:23 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.