how have you help or plan on helping the victims of the earthquake in hait?

as for me i have donated $5 to yele. also where my sister works at they are goingt o be sending supplies. am putting together a box full of formula, baby food, clothes and other items. and people from my community are also donating items . i live in sc and my sister is in fl. i will be driving to florida to bring down more supplies. i have alot of friends who are from haiti and coming from a third world country i know what its like to see people starving.

piwife

Asked by piwife at 2:36 PM on Jan. 14, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I have given money. I would like to give clothes and whatever other supplies they need. I will do whatever I can.
    AngiDas

Answer by AngiDas at 2:38 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Im on the H & S board at my daughters school. Last night we told teh school that whatever money they raised for the American Red Cross for Haiti we would match, Our goal is $1000...We may tie it into MLK day of service at our school

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 2:54 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• if i knew people there i would probably be supporting it too. i'm proud of you for doing it though. good luck to those victims.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 3:04 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Gah my answer wont stay posted its getting annoying. We have donated water and blood
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 3:06 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Our Catholic church is putting together aid.

I took 2 big bags of clothes my boys had outgrown. I also made individual bags of toiletries using zip bags and those hotel soaps/lotions. I added small travel packs of wipes to them. We made a donation to the church that they will use to purchase water.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 3:18 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• We donated $30 and have clothes and food to donate when they start accepting those type of donations. I didn't even think of donating blood, that's a great idea since i have the universal blood type.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 3:40 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I donated to Doctors without Borders.

I think former President Clinton is correct, money is needed more than anything right now because they don't have the infrastructure right now to get out care packages with toiletries and canned goods. Even a dollar or two helps.

Sweet I hope you meet your goal!

SRiveroC

Answer by SRiveroC at 3:44 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• i plan on dating blood also
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 3:54 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I always donate 10% of our income to charity. While I would prefer to go help them myself, that's not an option. So, I will be making that donation to the Haitian Victims funds through a number of different charity groups.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:54 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Me too River , but even if we don't, I think the Home and School will donate that much anyways..

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 4:07 PM on Jan. 14, 2010