HAs any one used castor oil?

I am very big and she is almost 10 lbs and they will not induce me or give me a repeat c-section until the 25th. They told me if i go into labor that they will deliver me then. I want to know does it really work. I am 50% effaced and 0 dilation. I am prego with #2. What to do my hips keep giving out and dont know what to do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:45 PM on Jan. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Worked for me! Took it and then the next day she was her, plus I didn't poop on the table, i was all cleaned out. Just take it in moderation.
    ProudMommy51006

Answer by ProudMommy51006 at 7:27 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• just wait. castor oil may or may not work, but you can bet youll get sick and be pooping everywhere! dont do it!
    Anonymous

• remember weight is just a guess.. they said my ds was 9 lbs at 36 weeks... he was 7 lbs 9oz at 42 weeks
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 2:49 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Didn't work for me.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 2:50 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• didnt work for me...it was nasty and just made me puke..the only thing that worked for me was sex..
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 2:52 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• my mom did this when pregnant with me... it did nothing other than make her extremely sick. None of these methods will work unless baby and body are ready. Good Luck
    SuzanneL09

Answer by SuzanneL09 at 2:58 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Like peanutsmommy said, weight is only a guess. If you have any undiagnosed gallbladder issues, which are common during pregnancy, castor oil is really bad. You could get severely sick and it doesn't even work. Please do not take the risk. Also castor oil can cause the baby to poop in the womb and that can lead to health complications for the baby too.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 2:59 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• its horrible!!! don't do it!

and weight's aren't always right...my middle dd was estimated to be a 10pounder at my 37 week u/s - she was born at 39 weeks at 7lbs.

I did the castor oil to try and move things along with her....it was so disgusting! and didn't help start labour.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 3:10 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• LOL! My friend tried it and was up ALL NIGHT, like every 1 and a half, after with back end issues! she said it was the worst thing she has ever done and would not wish it on her worst enemy!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:07 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• It's dumb, mama. It probably won't put you into labor, but it will give you the runs, which is going to be REALLY fun before labor. You could even get dehydrated, which is a big deal.

You should really appreciate the fact that your doctors aren't inducing or offering cesarean, since it isn't recommended by any organization for a larger or macrosomic baby. It increases the risks to you and the baby based on a weight estimate that CANNOT be trusted. Ultrasound weight estimates lose accuracy after about 16 weeks, and can be anywhere from 2-5 pounds off at this point in your pregnancy.

As for your hips, take some warm baths, get a massage, go to the chiropractor. Try everything you can to get comfortable now - trust me, it's SO much better for you and your baby if you just ride it out.
    asaffell

Answer by asaffell at 4:47 PM on Jan. 14, 2010