Miscarrge

I had a miscarrage last week. I was almost 12weeks. They didnt do a D&C the GYN just gave me pills to put in vaginally and said everything will bleed out. I didnt bleed too heavy like the 1st and 2nd day and noticed it started getting lighter but today I was sitting in class and started to bleed very heavy and passed blood clots. I am kind of freaking out so I'm wondering is it normal to still bleed heavy or should I go to the doctors?? has anyone else been through this?

Melody.R

Asked by Melody.R at 2:50 PM on Jan. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• When you miscarry and your body does pass the tissue, it will be heavy with blood clots. It can last up to a couple of weeks, depending on how thorough your body is. The clots are the tissue that lines the uterus and the tissue that was absorbed into the uterin wall after the baby miscarried. It sounds like your body is doing what it is supposed to, but if you feel it is too much then go ahead and call your doctor. They'll ask questions over the phone or ask you to come in. Their job is to make sure you body is handling it properly, so don't be afraid to call them if you're not sure.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:54 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I miscarried about 4 years ago and that sounds about right. I didn't have a D&C either. What they did do is make me go for blood test to make sure my HGC levles went down to 0. But it was normal for me to bleed heavily for a while. I actually bleed heavily for about a couple of weeks. I was 11 weeks when I misscarried.
    mrsmendoza2006

Answer by mrsmendoza2006 at 2:55 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Sorry for your loss. I miscarried and everything came out of me in the evening. At times I sat in the bathtub with water running to help with the bleeding. But before that I collected everything that came out of me and gave it to my doctor to see what was wrong. I only bleed that evening and the next day I went to the doctor and I had no other bleeding. You should go and speak with your doctor. You're paying your doctor to care for you. If you feel something else is wrong your doctor is the best to speak with. Remember our bodies are all the different. But, I feel your best bet is to speak with your doctor.
    happynewyorker

Answer by happynewyorker at 3:16 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Sounds about what I went through last year when I had a miscarriage some days were heavier and had more clots(I also took the pill method instead of a D/C) then others.Also expect your next period to be a little off till your body regulates itself again. I am so sorry for your loss.
    Anonymous

• thank all of you so much. it slowed down since earlier, and i am not cramping anymore. I feel better that I am not the only one and it seems that it's pretty normal. thanks again
    Melody.R

Answer by Melody.R at 5:53 PM on Jan. 14, 2010