Are there any "tricks" for getting pregnant with PCOS?

I am trying to conceive my first child with my fiance and I am almost certain I have PCOS. I do not want to be tested and told I cannot have kids I just want to try and conceive and whatever happens happens. We have been trying for a little over a year and I want to know how some other women were able to conceive with PCOS or irregular periods.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:04 PM on Jan. 14, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I have the same condition and I was told to use royal jelly, I have not tried it yet. I was also told that dr's can prescribe metformin... I am taking this since nov and still nothing and periods are still off. I was told the medicine would help me to ovulate. Good luck maybe someone else can enlighten us on what actually works.
    SuzanneL09

Answer by SuzanneL09 at 3:13 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• A gluten free diet stopped my cysts. I did the diet fro 2 months, tried 1 time, and I'm very pregnant,

danellecooks.wordpress.com

That's my gluten free cooking site.

ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 5:33 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Hi I have pcos and my periods are so irregular that it was impossible to tell when and if i was ovulating. So the dr gave me a pill to have a period and then chlomid to help me ovulate. Then she had me come in and have a vaginal ultrasound to make sure i had "good' eggs. The next step was for us to start trying and she told us what days to try and I had a positive 4 weeks later. Now were doing the same and trying for baby #2. Good Luck!
    emilysmom401

Answer by emilysmom401 at 9:43 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• i have pcos and the only way i have been able to get pregnant was by taking clomid
    Anonymous

• I recommend that you see a doctor.  They can prescribe Metformin, which may be helpful and check for any other issues that you may have that you don't know about.  When I was first diagnosed 12 years ago, I was told I wouldn't be able to have kids.  Here I am with two kids.  As PCOS has become more recognized, the medical world is gaining a better understanding of it and how to treat it.

Another thing you can do that may help is to eat like a diabetic.  Cutting out sugars and bad carbs helps have less erratic blood sugar levels.  Blood sugar plays a role in how certain hormones work.

Good luck, I hope you get a positive soon.

Anonymous

• I have PCOS. We were never told I couldn't conceive, it was just a little challenging. I would recommend that you go see a doctor and be tested to see if it's the cause.

Like the ladies above, Metformin is prescribed. It actually works like Clomid, and it helps regulate your levels. You could also do OPK's and charting. It also can help the doctor determine the problem.
    Anonymous