What do you make of this?

I don't know if it is just a phase or should I be worried...My 8 yr. old boy has just started to do this silly habit of standing and jump while kicking his heels up to his buttocks ( I mean I have seen him hit his but with his heels of his feet) At first I was like Why? do you do that he says cause I want to he is doing this ever so often that it is starting to look funny to me while he does it he appears to be normal but that...lol When I have caught him doing this I am coming from another room and I catch him unexpectly so he kind of reminds me of a donkey/horse bucking...LOL it is so hilarious I can't help but to laugh...lol

But on a serious note...What do you think is going on? Like I said I hope it is just a phase.

Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:15 PM on Jan. 14, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• In school, for PT we would do crazy stuff like that. Maybe he got it from there.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 3:17 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Could be just one of those little 'tics,' or pointless habits, kids get sometimes. He'll outgrow it, don't worry.
    Anonymous

• LOL! I'm sure all the boys at school are trying to master that one. My 13 year old tries to jump up and touch the ceiling wherever we go.
    Anonymous

• I can remember doing that when I was about that age. I no longer do that. It will pass!
    Miss_Kay

Answer by Miss_Kay at 3:41 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• it sounds like the silly dance sort of stuff that my SS does. its not really something i would worry about.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 10:16 AM on Jan. 15, 2010