How do I clean out my 2 month olds nose?

I tried the suction thing that they gave me at the hospital but it is too big for his little nose. Its so stuffy that hesnorts when he cries and breathes sometimes. He has a dr. appt on Monday but I hate for him to suffer anymore han he has to. How do I clean it out?

Alysia_Moore

Asked by Alysia_Moore at 3:23 PM on Jan. 14, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• try saline drops! if the bottle is too big for the nose, you can tilt the head back and squirt it in the nostrils, or use an eye dropper which should fit in the nose just fine! you can also use a cool mist humidifier or steam up the bathroom with a hot shower. the steam will help loosen the mucous
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 3:26 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Hey Girl! Congratulations on your Little Guy! I would buy an electric nasal aspirator. It is like the one they give you at the hospital, but it has constant suction so the boogies really come out :D You can also buy some "Little Noses" drops and that will help loosen the gunk. Big hugs, hope things are well for you!
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 3:26 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• have you tried spraying some saline spray in his nose? That helps clear it out - you can but it at the pharmacy - or also look for a smaller suction thing there too - i've seen different sizes. Also make sure you are using a humidifier in his room too. Good luck!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 3:27 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• if your careful a qtip.
    Anonymous

• Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 3:29 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I bought a smaller nose sucker, then you can use lil' noses to loosen it all up.
    vowens82

Answer by vowens82 at 3:29 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Hi it may sound wrong but I use a hair pin small enough to fit in the babies nose and very easy to clean babies nose every day. it works for my little girl.
    OZMOM09

Answer by OZMOM09 at 9:19 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• i sometimes use a Qtip..just be careful
    mamabear85

Answer by mamabear85 at 7:51 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I had the exact problem! None of the nose suctions worked for my 3 week old. Lucky for me (and you) "Little Noses" Saline drops came with a aspirator small enough for my babies nose. Try looking for it at Target or Walgreens. Hope this works for you!
    mespinoza

Answer by mespinoza at 6:30 PM on Jan. 19, 2010