How many of us still do not wear out seatbelts knowing what could happen?

I make it a habit to buckle but my dh on the other hand he'll put his on but right now he is out of the house and does not have his seat belt on we were talking on the cell and I told him I can hear the seatbelt bell ringing (PUT ON YOUR SEATBELT I TOLD HIM) Do you know what that dummy said to me...He says (How can I put the seatbelt on while I have one hand on the wheel and the other holding the phone) I was like you should have put it on before you even put the gear on drive and I hung up saying I love you to him. He knows what I am saying he is no kid even though he sounds like one right now...lol

Do you or does anyone have a rule before driving that actually works on wearing the seatbelt?

Thanks ladies!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:30 PM on Jan. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I've always buckled up, ever since I got my license at 16. My husband refuses to wear a seatbelt and drives like a freaking moron, too. He drives too fast, is aggressive and erratic (changing lanes/turning without signaling, etc). And then has the audacity to complain that women are horrible drivers and throws a fit when the person in front of him doesn't use a turn signal even though he doesn't half the time.
    The kids have been in tears, begging him to put on his seatbelt and he just refuses. He always says if it's his time to go then so be it. Never mind we would be left destitute if he died in an accident because he's the sole provider in the family. His real issue is he puts his comfort above everything else. The seatbelt is uncomfortable so he won't wear. He doesn't care how that might effect us in any way.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:49 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I always buckle up I don't even think about it anymore. I'm buckled before I pull out of the garage.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 3:56 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I am firmly against seatbelt laws! And do NOT wear one. I feel that as a grown woman that is my choice in my own car and I should have that choice. I was ticketed one time for it, fought it on a violation of rights and won. There are MANY MANY deaths in this country because of belts, however we don't hear about them do we?? The idea that seat belts save lives only works if no one has an accident. The fact is that seat belts not only kill but in many cases cause more physical damage than they protect from. When someone can prove to me that a seat belt can and will save more lives than they injure, we'll talk. Until then, I'm happy to not wear one.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:02 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Our last two cars included a very loud and annoying beeping sound that would go off until you put it on. The one we have now has sensors for the passenger seat, so it does it for passenger and driver instead of just driver. That cured my DH of any last vestiges of too lazy for seat beltness.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:04 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I always wear my seatbelt. My theory to parents is imagine if your children are all bucked up, but you're not. A car hits you and throws you into the backseat. You could hit your child causing major injuries or even death......................nope, we always wear our seatbelts.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:09 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Sabri...

I am firmly against seatbelt laws

Then I plan to never ride in a vehicle with you

Anonymous

• Sabrina, do you make your kids buckle up? Ya know, since it will just get them killed anyway? Your reasoning is ridiculous. What a strange world you must live in.

In my high school, there were several deaths. There was one accident with 5 kids. The only two that survived were the ones wearing their seatbelts
    Anonymous

• Anonymous

• Anon---that video is exactly the type of thing that I'm talking about!!!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:15 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I put mine on before I start the car. My DH does not though. I finally quit asking him to. He says it's his choice to wear one or not and if he dies in an accident then so be it. He's been ticketed for not wearing it before. I think it's ridiculous to be willing to spend hard earned money, not to mention leaving your family in a financial bind if you do die in an accident instead of wearing a seatbelt, when you can just buckle the damn thing
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 4:21 PM on Jan. 14, 2010