Anyone else had trouble feeding an infant with Gerber bottles? or latching problems with my 2 month old?

The ones with the disposable drop inns. I just dont undrstand why he cant latch on the nipple. Anyone else had this prblem? It seems like these are the hardest for him to get ahold of. Are they for a little older babies or is he having latching problems? He has had trouble latching onto bottles since he was born because I tried to breast feed and he coulnt latch on then I gave him a bottle and he didnt want to eat, so I tried for a while to breastfeed and it didnt work so I just usecd the bottle. ever ince then he has ad trouble.

Alysia_Moore

Asked by Alysia_Moore at 3:34 PM on Jan. 14, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son had a hard time with the drop in bottle nippes too .. now that he's 6 months he takes them well (the only reason I went back to them was because of the ease of cleaning). Just try a few until you find one that works!
    TarraJoy

Answer by TarraJoy at 5:36 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Has he been looked at for tongue tie? Would explain latching problems with both breast and bottle.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 3:47 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• try a different bottle.

all three of mine preferred different bottles and nipples.

try one of the longer skinnier nipples.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 4:30 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• You should have his mouth checked to make sure it's normal. Some problems are best corrected when the baby is very young.

The Dr. Browns bottles are supposed to be good.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 8:04 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• my oldest had the same problem what worked for her was the orthodontic nipple by playtex
    sexymama53

Answer by sexymama53 at 2:38 AM on Jan. 15, 2010