He doesn't want to go out so I can't either?

My husband has been giving me the 3rd degree about going out.. he says I always go out and he doesnt... I encourage him to go out all the time with his friends, they're always up to something - but he's too tired or doesnt feel like it, that should count as atleast giving him a chance to go..... I get so much shit for going out with my friends and it's not all the time like he claims, maybe once every two weeks! I just want him to back off without being a bitch.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:43 PM on Jan. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• OP HERE.. I forgot to mention when I do go out, he refers to OUR daughter as MY KID... he has to watch MY KID while I'M out... ughhhhhhhh.
    Anonymous

• Since he's being obnoxious, I wouldn't hesitate to be a bitch to him.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:45 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• IF he is the father then its Ours not yours or mine. Tell him to get real. If you stayed home would he rather have a bytch of a wife to deal with or one who is being wise to get a much needed break. Hope this helps.
    CloudWeaver

Answer by CloudWeaver at 3:47 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• There is clearly something going on here. Perhaps a few sessions with a neutral third party, like a clergy person or couples counselor, will help the two of you relearn communication

Answer by rkoloms at 3:48 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• when he got married he thought you would be his best friend and you would want to spend more time with him.
    You should get him to go out with and your friends or not go out, he should come first. Time to grow up.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 3:54 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• You're only going out once every two weeks and he's complaining? Are you sure you're not going out more? It's okay to have time out with friends but if he has a problem with it, sounds like something more is going on.
    Anonymous

• OP: I was going out about once a week - every Saturday night.. Then I cut it down since he was getting so upset about it but it doesn't seem like he's even noticed I stay at home a lot more.
    Anonymous

• Let the bitch fest begin! If he is going to skip his chance to get out and have some fun, that doesn't mean you have to. If he has a problem staying home with "Your" kid then get a sitter to stay with the little one, while you go out. Then he doesn't have any excuse to complain about anything. He could go out, he just chooses not to. That's his problem, not yours.
    Punky_1981

Answer by Punky_1981 at 4:29 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• ugh this is right up there with men saying they have to babysit when it is their child...it annoys me
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 5:42 PM on Jan. 14, 2010