How to strengthen your heart at a slow pace and at a normal pace?

I just feel like I am always sitting and cleaning and sitting and cleaning and sitting alot yelling at the kids trying to keep up with everyday life but yet I want to do something for me I just feel like if I do do something I just might have a heartattack I don't want to over do it...I know it sounds like another excuse not to work out.
What do you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:49 PM on Jan. 14, 2010 in Health

• Just put on your sneakers and take the kids for a walk...don't make it something big, like don't set yourself up for failure by saying you will go to a park or something to walk everyday, just lace up your sneakers and walk out your front door, that's what I did, started with baby steps, it's the only way I can meet my goals, my first goal was to walk one block, and I know that sounds dumb but just putting on my sneakers and walking out the door was the first step. I walked two blocks that first day and that was 3 yrs. ago now I walk 3-5 miles at a time just because it feels good to be outside, breathing fresh air. Good luck!
    Anonymous

• You have to get your heart rate up and sustain it for at least 30 minutes to strengthen the heart muscle.

* First find your maximum heart rate (MHR) by subtracting your age from 220
    * Next multiple (MHR) by 0.60 = lower end of the target heart rate zone
    * Next multiply (MHR) by 0.90 = upper end of the target heart rate zone

Swimming, running, cycling, jogging, aerobic tapes, anything. You can do anything to get your heart rate up. Start at the lower end of the target heart rate zone and increase it by 3 beats per minutes every week to 2 weeks until you can do the upper level.

You aren't going to have a heart attack. You aren't going to over do it. You're just our of shape. In 14 days, you'll already start to feel so much better that you'll laugh at these old thoughts that you might over do it.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 4:01 PM on Jan. 14, 2010