I make to little yet I make to much! AHG!

OMG. day care cost a fortune. 100 per week for DD and when DS is out of school it's an additional 90 a week. We make 2,126 a year to much to get child care assistance. BUT if I don't work and let daycare go I will still be short the 200 a month after daycare I do make. I just want to cry. Anyone else?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:58 PM on Jan. 14, 2010 in Money & Work

• I know how you feel. It's tough when you make too much, but yet it's not enough. I recently started working from home for this reason. Have you ever thought about working from home? I am a stay at home Mom to a 2 year old and 10 month old. I work with a great team of Moms; we help people create income from home. No parties, No inventory! WEEKLY PAY! FREE website, training, and UNLIMITED support!! Just A SAFE, SIMPLE, SENSIBLE, and SOLID ... NO-RISK HOME BUSINESS. The best part is I can make money and be with my Family!!!
    You can have the best of both worlds too.
    I would love to give you more information and help you reach your financial goals!
    Erika
    Proud Member of Internet CEO Moms!
    Check out my website
    http://www.4MyFamilyandMe.com/
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 4:00 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• that is cheap compared to where I live... we pay more than that for part time care
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 4:02 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• OP:: Oh it's in a home not a daycare center. At a center it would be 170 a week for DD and 120 a week for DS.
    Anonymous

• I pay more than that to have my aunt watch my little girl. You do what you have to do, I guess.
    Anonymous

• That's where we were when I first left work. We cut back on some things and made up for the money we'd be short. Little things begin to add up - a tank of gas lasts me twice as long if not longer - that's an extra $60 each month right there. Another $50 easily by never going out for coffee, hitting the pop/vending machine at work, never getting talked into going out for lunch, plus it costs us less to eat normal meals all day instead of planning around things that are convenient to take for lunch at work.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:32 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Wouldn't it be worth 200 a month to raise your own kids? I don't mean to start a fight, just something to think about. Also, driving costs. Maybe you are paying to work. Not everyone wants to stay home with their kids but in a way you are a slave to your job.

I only work 3 miles from my house and my paycheck pays the utilities. With out my 200 a month we have no gas, water, or electric. DH paycheck pay the mortgage and food/driving expenses.

I actually pack my package of ramen noodles or left overs for work! lol Sometimes my boss will buy my lunch though. I have been working there for 10 years so he takes care of me and my family. He gave me a 500 bonus at Christmas and a 5 pound ham for thanksgiving. He has also loaned me our mortgage payment when we were short and paid my electric once. He can be a butthead a lot of the time but in the end he is always there if I need help. I can't expect him to fix it all all the time
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:46 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

Anonymous