What to pack for my husbands lunch??

I and probably him to though he does not say it, I am tired of just making him sandwiches and frozen dinners for lunch, I am trying to cook a little more healthier for the family also, i guess im asking if i could get some examples of what i could pack for him at reasonable costs, thank you Blessings.

Vmahoney

Asked by Vmahoney at 4:00 PM on Jan. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• um, IDK... my DH's packs his own
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 4:01 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Tell him his hands aren't broke and to pack his own sh&t! lol
    Anonymous

• I usually plan on having at least one serving of leftovers from that night's dinner and I pack that up for my dh to reheat at work the next day.

Answer by missanc at 4:03 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I agree with missanc leftovers will work. I think chicken and a healthy side dish is also easy to prepare. Hope this helps a bit. I'm sorry that there are some rude people on here. I think it's wonderful that you're trying to find new ideas to keep your hubby's tummy happy. :) My Hubby works at a restaurant so I don't have to worry about that. Best Wishes finding new dishes! :)
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 4:06 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• same here.. i make sure to have leftovers for dh to heat the next day along with a soda or juice. it also keeps the leftovers from turning into science experiments in the fridge
    danmck1120

Answer by danmck1120 at 4:07 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• My husband doesn't take sanwiches for lunch. Rarely will he take a frozen meal. He does like leftovers of certain kinds. Esp. Spaghetti and Lasagna. When I make these I always make plenty so I have a couple to throw in a glaware container and into the freezer. He grabs them in the morning and it's thawed by lunch. My husband also takes things that i can't stand the smell of..lol. He loves sardines, and kippers and smoked oysters. He will take a can of those , some crackers and a fruit cup. He also likes the tuna salad kits.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:11 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I think its absolutely wonderul that you pack your husbands lunches... bet your marriage is better that the relationship those rude women are in!

I have the same problem with my husbands lunches, I feel bad always packing the same things. He doesnt leave me much choice though he isnt crazy about most leftovers.

We should google ideas.. lol
    Rjmjpappy

Answer by Rjmjpappy at 5:42 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Yep, leftovers, my husband loves them. But I'm fortunate that he either makes his own lunch, or we are both able to just go home for lunch as we both work very close to home. But we love leftovers of whatever we made the night before.
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 6:18 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I wish my hubby would take some variety. Every day he wants the same thing: pb & j, chips, apple, granola bar, and cookies. He eats like an elementary school child (I make the same lunch for my 2nd grader). Good luck with the healthy food!
    CaLizzyMom

Answer by CaLizzyMom at 6:34 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• he likes leftovers,or sandwiches but I constantly change things this week it could be roast beef or turkey or ham.I have him eat 100% whole wheat.He likes fresh salads too.he takes soda and a bottled water.you can make healthier choices for perhaps dinner and atleast you know you squeezed one healthy meal in.
    welldone

Answer by welldone at 6:34 PM on Jan. 14, 2010