Hydroxycut...

Has anyone ever used this to help lose weight? I heard they were recalled or something, is it just certain kinds or ALL of them?? Does anyone know? Do you know WHY they were recalled??

newmom28

Asked by newmom28 at 4:07 PM on Jan. 14, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• i just started using it..... it gives me energy and im not all crazy jumping around like the other diet pills
    keithamy06

Answer by keithamy06 at 4:13 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Hmmm... I don't know about taking pills to lose weight. It has always sounded very appealing to me, but it freaks me out at the same time. My DH's cousin's wife died from taking some kind of diet pills. My DH says that he'd rather have me be a bit heavier, but alive. LOL! I have about 4 pounds to go to pre-pregnancy weight. I suggest that you drink a lot of water and cut back on sugar. I honestly that has helped me a lot. I don't exercise. I used to take my kids for walks in the double stroller... let me tell you that's a workout and a half. It's too cold to do that now. I'll start up again once it gets warmer.
    Hope this helps a bit.
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 4:13 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• it did work for me when i was working nights, however when i started working days it was a different story. i started gaining no matter what i did (i started birthcontrol too).i lost almost 60 lbs on trimspa, but i can't find it anymore.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 4:22 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I took them once, it just made me feel like I needed to get up and DO something, kinda jittery. No, there is a new one out, the old one was recalled.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 5:10 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/05/01/hydroxycut.fda.recall/index.html ...serious liver problems reported included liver damage that resulted in a transplant in 2002, liver failure, jaundice, seizures and cardiovascular problems..... http://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/ConsumerUpdates/ucm152152.htm  ...Hydroxycut products are associated with a number of serious liver injuries....

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 10:32 PM on Jan. 14, 2010