Is it ever going to end?

Am I ever going to have my family in a position where we are NOT choosing between food and mortgage again? Is this loan mod ever going to go through? Is Dh ever going to get promoted? Is he ever going to have the time to go back to school? Will my life ever get back to where it was a year and a half ago? You know not rich but comfy and set. Or am I bound to be in the rut for ever!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:12 PM on Jan. 14, 2010 in Money & Work

• Boy....I thought I reading my own story on here. Many people are in the same situation. My DH was laid off last March, and he's only making HALF of what he used to make. I recently started working from home to help us out. Best Wishes! Hang in there.
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 7:32 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I feel your pain. My dh was laid off last week. I've been a sahm since my oldest dd was born. Now my youngest dd is only 5 months old and everytime I think about having to try to find a job I about cry. When is this sh*t going to end?
    vowens82

Answer by vowens82 at 4:15 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I completely understand! I finally came to the conclusion that it wasn't going to change unless I did something about it. I made the decision and stuck to it....it took a while to get my husband onboard but I am eternally thankful that I stopped waiting for something to change, and I MADE the change. It's hard to get out of the mindset of "when is it going to change? When am I ever going to be able to buy new clothes? When can my husband and I go out to dinner? etc.." But what I did was I made a short term goal list and a long term goal list. I found a way to bring in extra income and did what I needed to do to stay with my dd. You can get out of the cycle...you just have to change your mindset.
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 4:32 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Try DaveRamsey.com or visit the Dave Ramsey group on CM. You'll be surprised how getting on a budget can make you feel like you just got a nice raise.
    Anonymous