angel food ministries??

i was wondering if anyone has any experience with angel food ministries? i just ordered one of their packages to get on jan 23. do they make you go to a church service or is it all business? with me starting school soon i needed to cut corners on food. what do you think about angel food ministries?

angevil53

Asked by angevil53 at 4:13 PM on Jan. 14, 2010 in Money & Work

• I was doing it...but the food isnt as great as i originally thought...it saved me some money, but i wasted some food...The fresh food and vegis box was wonderful. From my understanding they add $1 per order to go to the church...and i thought that was reasonable. Your not required to attend church, or make any extra donations..i didnt even have to stand in line long!!! Im ususally there and out in less than 15 minutes!! For some its a great deal and they love the food...i would say trial and error!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 9:45 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I've been thinking about doing it too. My Mom just asked me volunteer at my church, they need people to help others to fill out the paperwork. I'll check it out then. I'll keep you in mind once I find out more information. I hope their food is good! Sorry I wasn't much help. Best Wishes!
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 4:16 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I had a friend that ordered food from them and is going to do it again - I read where the people that started it are being charged with embezzlement so I'm waiting a couple of months to make sure they work everything out. They don't require church attendance.

Answer by missanc at 4:18 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• We used to get it, but the food they give isn't the healthiest so we quit. You show up to get the food and usually stand in line for a while (just be prepared for that if you are in a cold area it may be standing outside). Take a box or laundry basket or something to put the food in as they don't provide anything you go through the line and get your food and then you leave. Real simple. You can also sign up for next months food there too if you bring the money with you.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 4:55 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• It's all business, though when it's handed out at a church there's not telling how hard the individuals volunteering for that specific church feel about it. It's only a good deal in some parts of the country, though. Depending on your cost of living, you can get what's in the box cheaper. It also is quite a bit of prepared/processed so if you're trying to eat healthy, it's not going to be much help.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:25 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I'm Pagan, and I have used them once or twice. If there was any religion involved I wouldn't. I do want to say that I don't think they are a great deal. In fact once I picked up my last order I was very upset to understand that what I got through them I could have paid less for at Aldi's or WalMart... It was an okay amount of stuff, but not worth what I paid for it...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:17 PM on Jan. 14, 2010