Engagement rings

So do you need to get the band when you're married or can you just keep the ring? I'm so clueless when it comes to wedding/engagement rings.

mz_erica03

Asked by mz_erica03 at 4:15 PM on Jan. 14, 2010 in Shopping

• nowadays you can do whatever you want! you don't have to get a band if you don't want one, you can use your engagement ring in the ceremony. but generally you get an engagement ring and a wedding band.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 4:17 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Hi,
    I got my wedding band a couple months before we got married. I had it match my engagement ring, so that it looks like a nice set. Hope this helps a bit.

Erika
    Everything is Possible When you Have Faith!
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 4:19 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Traditionally you get an engagement ring, when you become engaged and a wedding band on your wedding band. HOWEVER, many brides opt to just have a wedding band on their wedding day, or design/select a combination wedding band and engagement ring (one ring)--usually with a center stone and side/smaller stones in the band.

Bottom line, whatever YOU want, is what is important! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:20 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• If you recieve an engagement ring it is common for a wedding band to be added at the marriage. Often these are sold together in sets. Sometimes matching rings for brides engagement, wedding ring and grooms wedding ring are bought in matching sets. It really is up to you. My sister refused to wear an engagement ring. Her weddding ring isn't 'typical'...but it is100% her style.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:20 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Thanks ladies! I'm a very simple girl when it comes to jewelry. I just want something simple and pretty and I need to get some ideas so I can throw hints at him :-)
    mz_erica03

Answer by mz_erica03 at 4:28 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I received my engagement ring and a few weeks before the wedding we went and bought wedding bands. We kept them in the boxes until the wedding day. He wears his band and I do not. I just wear my engagement ring because it is so wide. Sometimes I wear my anniversary band with the engagement ring. For years I would find and lose my wedding band often, I finally got fed up and just put it in my safety deposit box with all of my other fine jewelry. DH does not mind as long as I have my engagement ring.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 4:30 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• You can do bridal sets too. They include the engagement ring with a wedding ring that compliments it. Thats what we did for mine.

Itsonono

Answer by Itsonono at 4:33 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• You can wear whatever you want. There is really no right or wrong here. When I was a jewelry consultant, we had a lot of women come in who didnt want separate rings. They just wanted something unique that would be low maintenance for theirlifestyle. Choose what you love and will continue to love wearing for the next 60 years.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 5:06 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• My husband put my engagement ring back on me during our wedding ceremony... I've since gotten a wedding band, but I could live without it.. whatever makes you happy is what you should do!
    DillyBoosMama

Answer by DillyBoosMama at 6:01 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I bought the whole set all at once, engagement ring, wedding band, and his wedding band. It all matches, we like that but I had to keep the two wedding bands put away in a safe place for a year. There are all kinds of styles, lots of places have them, and some of them are pretty cheep but still look nice. If I remember right, my set cost around $300 and his ring cost around $200, give or take. You need to go take a look at some stores and not just jewelry stores, other places too like even Walmart has some nice things sometimes.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 10:43 PM on Jan. 14, 2010