potty training tips

im trying to get my 2 and half year old pott trained before the new baby come in six month. what are some good techniques i want them all?!!!

christinaMJ

Asked by christinaMJ at 4:18 PM on Jan. 14, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I just started on my 27 month old. Go to babycenter and look up the 3 day potty training method. I was a little skeptical at first but we started it last Friday and we haven't had an accident since Sunday. But the first day is really hard. Good luck!!
    vowens82

Answer by vowens82 at 4:20 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• i used jelly beans...he got some fore at first sitting there and being good and then he went pee i made a BIG deal and gave him more. i gave him one for pee and two for poop. he was trained at his own pace and was fully trained last may. we started in march or april i think.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 4:34 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I just started with my 2 yr old... we do chocolate kisses everytime she pees and a chunk of hercheys when she poops. However, it's been about 2.5 weeks and I'm cutting it back to one candy every 3-4 times she goes on the potty. Everytime she pees/poops, we high five, and get all excited. I call her grandparents and have her tell them she peed or pood. The first time I tried she was 18 mos and she peed on EVERYTHING! When she was 19 mos, she would sit on her potty for 20-30 mins EASY then get up and pee in front of it! Very aggrivating, but it sure does take time! We have a little potty downstairs and a potty seat upstairs (it fits on the potty and she has a stool). We also picked out underwear she wanted when she was 18 mos and she still likes them. We have books to read about the potty which seemed to help! GL!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 4:58 PM on Jan. 14, 2010