jeans

i am a mommy and wear jeans and hope im not wearing mommy jeans..what are considered mommy jeans???and what is fashionable top...i am flatty on top but ive got a belly.so these new tops make me look preggo.....

cleo1977

Asked by cleo1977 at 4:21 PM on Jan. 14, 2010 in Shopping

• Mommy jeans are those that come up above your bellybutton.

No suggestion on what to wear for shirts. I've got a tummy too and if I wear something tight fitting it shows too much and I've got boobs and the other type of shirts make me look pregnant too.
    Anonymous

• Check this out: http://www.yummietummie.com/

It helps so your clothes fit better. I have one and I absolutely LOVE it.
    Anonymous

• I consider pants that dont fit properly to be "mommy jeans". That means either the wrong cut, severely tapered, too baggy, too tight. I throw too tight in there because Ive seen some mothers who try to over compensate by wearing jeans that look painted on so that they dont look pregnant. As for shirts, try for a cut that goes in at your natural waist to create more of an hourglass shape.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 5:00 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Mommy jeans are the ones that go very high, like cowboy pants.

You really have to go all over and just try on the jeans. The gap it a good place, ask the sale people to help you they are very nice. And also places like Marshalls, TJ Max you can find name brand for Less :)

gammie

Answer by gammie at 12:11 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Mommy jeans come up past your belly button. If you have a tummy, you might try a mid rise rather than a low rise. And get some Spanx - they're incredible! I wore them after I had my son and everybody always said they couldn't believe it had been only 5 weeks, 6 weeks, etc since I had my son. I'm not sure about tops that would flatter your shape - I'm really good at picking out stuff for me but awful at picking out for someone else's body type!
    As far as pants, they are also advertising those Lee's that have some type of tummy panel in them to make you look thinner. I think they sell them at WalMart or Target.

Answer by missanc at 10:07 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Mommy jeans are usually highwaters, or ankle biters that come up to your belly button. What was once considered your waist. Non-Mommy jeans are worn at your hips, your real waist. They come down past the ankles. Whether bootcut, skinny, or flare.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:20 AM on Feb. 1, 2010