is this pain normal?

ok im 35 weeks pregnant with my first. this morning i woke up because i had to pee. i turned over so i could get up and i was in so much pain! the bottom of my stomach down to my crotch hurt so bad. i couldnt even sit up because the pressure of the baby made the pain so much worse! i felt like his head was in there ready to come out! it took about 5 minutes for me to actually get up. i went pee and my bladder kind of hurt while i was peeing, but as soon as i was done all the pain was gone. is this normal?

momma_2b_2010

Asked by momma_2b_2010 at 4:24 PM on Jan. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• there are many aches and pains of pregnancy. Did you have to pee alot? Maybe your bladder was really full, on top of that baby pushing against you. Maybe you were having Braxton Hicks contractions?
    Super09Mom

Answer by Super09Mom at 4:27 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• yea i peed alot, ei was just in so much pain trying to get up. i usually do get bh when i go pee. but i dont think i was having them then.
    momma_2b_2010

Answer by momma_2b_2010 at 4:33 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Since this is your first the baby might have dropped. When my last one (my fourth) dropped I was in so much pain. Luckily contractions started 15 min later and a little over 2 hours later he was born. However with your first the baby will typically drop a few weeks before delivery. Otherwise the baby might have been in a weird position and once you used the bathroom there was more room to move.
    jombmomi

Answer by jombmomi at 4:44 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Yes! It's completely normal! I was having the a lot of the same pain when I was pregnant with my second. I didn't have it so much with my first, but my body was a lot different at the starts of each pregnancy so that may have been why. Anyway, I would have very sharp, shooting pains that would last for anywhere from just a couple to ten minutes. It would happen when I would stand up to quickly, roll over in bed, or just sit wrong. I asked my dr about it because I was concerned (like I said, it hadn't happened during the 1st pregnancy) and she said it was perfectly normal. It was just the weight of the baby pressing on muscles combine with the stretching of those muscles to make room for baby. Try to roll over and stand up more slowly and you should notice it too much. If it's really worrying you, I would talk to your dr.
    Megs5384

Answer by Megs5384 at 4:55 PM on Jan. 14, 2010