Do you tip the pizza guy if there is a $2.50 delivery charge?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:29 PM on Jan. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• No but if a place has a 2.50 delivery fee i wouldn't order from them if i want to pay 2.50 plus a tip extra i will go to a sit down place. I usually have my hubby pick up the pizza in the car and just avoid the whole thing. We are less than 3 miles from most of the pizza places so if i do get it sent to the house i tip like a buck or two.
    angelachristine

Answer by angelachristine at 9:31 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Yes
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 4:30 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• yeah i do bc i usually ask when i call for the pizza if there is a charge or ask the person how much they get of it. usually they only get 50 cents around here so i throw in two dollars.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 4:31 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Yes because the delivery change does not even go to them.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 4:32 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• NO. It's ridiculous to have to pay that much when they're only coming from a mile away. We just pick up to avoid that situation. $2.50 is a lot for a delivery charge.
    Anonymous

• I sure do.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 4:32 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Yes b/c that charge doesnt go to the person who delivered it. If the person was on time, and nice to me at the door, i tip, no matter what other charges apply
    Super09Mom

Answer by Super09Mom at 4:33 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Yes, because he works for tips. And it isn't his policy to charge for delivery it's the company's. So, in theory it's best to tip him something because he's bringing the pizza to you so you don't have to go out in the cold, freezing snow and pick it up yourself. Definitely tip. :) We always tip....unless they are crappy drivers, which has never happened to us.
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 4:34 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I tip less than if there was no delivery charge...With a charge like that I give like a dollar if there is not a charge then I give 3 or so. I see not point in it costing me 5 or 6 total dollars to have the pizza delivered. They just in the last year or so started having delivery charges.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:37 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• ABSOLUTELY! they are like a waitress, they are bringing you your food, and they work for tips- when you work for tips you are not necessarily making even minimum wage! (and yes it IS legal to pay less than min if it is expressly stated that the position in which the individual works includes gratuities as part of their wage... before some of you go off on a moot point) most of the time they only get $0.50 of that charge (and sometimes not at all!!!), so yes... I tip, and I always get my pizza in record time, because they KNOW there is something in it for them.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 4:39 PM on Jan. 14, 2010