vaginal film dos and dont advice?

Okay, on Thursday mu hubby and i did the dirty, but before i ever do anything i check my ovulation calendar, periods are very regular. so it said i was ovulateing, now i dont want to become pregnate, so i went and inserted one of my vaginal films, it says to do so 20 minutes before intecourse, i had Sx about 7 minutes after the insertion, do you think it still worked? im scared? was that enough time you think? why do i have to wait 20 minuutes? any advise thank you

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:36 PM on Jan. 14, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• you have to wait for it so that it can fully disolve. One time we waited the full time and had sex and it still hadnt disolved because when we went to clean up my husband noticed a little square gooky think in his pubes. I knew it was the film.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 5:38 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• "thing"..not think..sorry
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 5:39 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• It is so it will disolve, but I had the same experience as the other poster. What you did might not have been ideal, but I'm sure it did offer you some protection.
    Anonymous

• I have never personally used the film, but I'm guessing they say 20 minutes because it'll take a few minutes for the film to turn into the gel. I was reading online and it says it's only safe 74%-94%... so, depending on how long your BD was, you may want to take extra precautions. To see for sure if your ovulating, take an OPK and if it's positive, you may want to go take the morning after pill just to be on the safe side.
    things_not_sane

Answer by things_not_sane at 5:43 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• i think the best way to use it is to maybe have a little foreplay after you put it in during the 20 mins so that your vagina will be wet and melt it (sorry to be so blunt)
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 5:49 PM on Jan. 14, 2010