very runny poop...that's it?

since yesterday my son has had very runny diapers. I did see vomit on his carpet yesterday morning, but there is no fever or any behavior changes (he is acting like himself). he doesnt have much of an appetite. I have been offering him a lot of water (I will buy some pedialyte/gatorade tonight or tomorrow)....since the diarrhea is the main symptom...what could be wrong? I'm not too concerned because he is acting just fine and seems healthy otherwise

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 5:44 PM on Jan. 14, 2010 in Kids' Health

• If it's overly smelly it could be rotovirus.
    Anonymous

• hmmmm well lemme update....he vomited before bedtime, very violently all over me, the furniture and himself....he was fine once he was done. i ran to the store once SO got home and bought some pedialyte. when I got home SO said ds ate some dinner, a GOOD THING because he hasnt wanted to eat most of the day. he also drank a lot of pedialyte. he is acting like himself, he has no fever, just....vomiting (once a day since yesterday) and diarrhea.....what are signs of rotavirus? the diarrhea doesnt smell pleasant lol but doesnt smell pungent either....
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 9:30 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• my son was acting like that..... it was something he was eating. i couldn't figure it out for a long time, but he apparently can't eat grapes or grape juice or raisins.... even a little bit gives him the tummy upset and the poops. maybe it's something in his diet?
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:10 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• well I havent really given him anything new lately....... but I will keep a better eye on his diet to see if thats the reason
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 10:22 PM on Jan. 14, 2010