Coffee drinkers

Do you wash the carafe every day? I must admit that some days I just rinse it. I wash it 90% of the time, but sometimes ehhhh . . . I guess I'm lazy. If it was up to my husband...................forget it, it would never get washed.

BridgetC140

Asked by BridgetC140 at 5:54 PM on Jan. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Doesn't it get all nasty?

It does - loose grounds get in it and it can even get mildew if you skip a day of using it. I usually run the carafe and the basket that hold the filter through the dishwasher once a weekish, and whatever day I do that I wipe out the part the filter basket sits in.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:21 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• what the heck is a carafe? i drink coffe every morning, sometimes at night too..never heard of a carafe?????
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 5:58 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I wash ours about once a week.. if my husband was left alone, it would never get washed.. He's of the mentality that the dirtier something gets, the better it becomes...
    DillyBoosMama

Answer by DillyBoosMama at 5:58 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I have a Senseo, which makes individual cups, so no carafe to wash. It makes the coffee too strong with just one brewing, so I always brew a second time without a pod. I figure that cleans the basket well enough for everyday. I usually wash the basket once every couple of weeks.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 5:58 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Once a week or so, unless something drips and it burns on between the caraffe and the hot plate. The one for the espresso machine I wash every time, but that's because I don't use it every day.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:02 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• whoa you are an overachiever compared to me, I hardly ever wash it. I usually just rinse it, I figure the only thing it touches is coffee right? I am a coffee snob too, and I dont mind. Infact, I work at starbucks and the "hoppers" on top of the espresso machine that hold the beans get wiped out every day but never washed. We are told not to wash them because it can alter the taste of the coffee.
    Anonymous

• okay so i'm assuming its the pot.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:03 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Yes, the carafe is the pot.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 6:04 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• or are yall talking about the dripper...why use such fancy smancy words?
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:05 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Shay ----carafe aka coffee pot! lol That's what my husband said the first time.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 6:05 PM on Jan. 14, 2010