i'm beginning to get worried.

when my son started asking questions about where babys come from i assumed i just happened to be the one there when he had a question and he asked his dad other things. then after we divorced my son and i got into quite a long discusstion about child birth and birth control . he was about 13 when this happened. then he asked me a question that just needed a man to answer and i said you have to ask your dad. and he became quite upset and said his dad refuses to answer any questions about sex at all. his dad won't even acknowledge that hes spoken when he asks questions about that. i'm beginning to wonder if my ex. has some kind of sexual problem. we were together for 11 years sexually and he always seemed ..... ackward is the best word i can come up with. i did wonder when we were married if he was a sexual passive and thats why things didn't click for us that way. because i'm a little that way. i want the man to be incharge

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:04 PM on Jan. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• Don't worry about your ex, if he is not gonna answer your son's questions you really need to. No matter if he is a boy or a girl it is still uncomfortable the first time but it gets easier. Your son needs the info, if you don't have another trusted male, please answer his questions. You don't want him to learn by porn or the misinformation his friends will give him..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 6:08 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• My DH is uncomfortable talking about sex seriously with our son but I have no problem with it, so it's always me he comes to. Just be there for DS and answer questions you can and if you cannot tell him you need to get more information about it then google his question. I even had a talk with DS about wetdreams after buying him a book about boys changing bodies-I read it before giving it to him- and realizing that he didn't suddenly start wetting the bed again at 12 (LOL now but not then). DH had 2 older brothers so his parents never talked to him about sex they did and my parents just said "don't have sex" but i worked with teen moms so became more comfortable talking with teens about sex.
    Anyway I wouldn't worry about your ex not talking to your DS, just pick up the slack and you and DS will be closer for it.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 7:21 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• just talk to your son you two will be closer because you dont have any problems talking to him about it and if you do does he have an uncle or grandpa to talk to if he dosent want to ask you
    parrott39

Answer by parrott39 at 10:58 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• You need to be the one to talk to your son about sex and where babys come from and all that. If your ex won't help then screw him. its your responsibility talk to your kid its better he hear the facts of life from you then on the internet or his friends.
    Texan1993

Answer by Texan1993 at 11:40 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• It doesnt matter if your ex has a sexual problem or not, you can and should answer the questions.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 7:35 AM on Jan. 15, 2010