Got a problem...can you help?

If you had to hide a set of keys in your bedroom from the snoopiest person in the house, where is a good place to hide them?

I ask because I have the spare keys to all four bedrooms in case one of the girls lock themselves out or there is an emergency.
The set came up missing a month ago and I just found them today in one of my children's room.
For her to have found them, she had to have a ton of patience and time to thoroughly search our room for them because I had them hidden extremely well.

Please help me with this problem. Telling her not to do it is not good enough. She takes it on as a challenge.

PrydferthMenyw

Asked by PrydferthMenyw at 6:07 PM on Jan. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• If you have any pictures or mirrors, you could hang them on the nail and then rehang the picture/mirror. Tape it to the back of your dresser. Put them inside a pocket of a sweatshirt in your closet . . . inside one of your shoes . . .hmmmm . . still thinking
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 6:12 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Get one of those Brand name Command wall friendly stick up hook and get a chair put it over the inside of you closet door. Seriously who looks in the closet above the door (unless you have a huge walk in closet where you can walk in and turn around and walk out.)
    Anonymous

• if you have your own bathroom put them in a sandwich bag and then hang them in the toilet tank.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 6:11 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Are there any places that she cannot reach?

Does she care whether you KNOW she found it? If so, perhaps in the middle of something that would require a great deal of messing up to get at. Like under the middle of your mattress, if you keep plenty of pillows and bedding on top.

Hmmm. You could sew them into a liner of something, too...it would be a bit of a nuisance to get it out but at least it's hidden.

Or how about taped to the BOTTOM of a drawer?

Answer by gdiamante at 6:13 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Are you okay with her snooping through your room? I know when I was a kid, we weren't allowed in my parents' room by ourselves, except me when I was cleaning. My mother always sent me in to do the tedious cleaning . . dusting, folding laundry because I am very particular ...................still am! Thanks Mom!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 6:14 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• A challenge....yay!

Anon has a good location. You could hammer a nail where anon said, hang the keys on a key ring on the nail, and then hang a hat over the keys.

Under the toilet top....thats where Micheal Corleone (The Godfather) hid his gun. lol
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 6:15 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Is there a part of the curtain you could sew a ring onto? Like up near the top in the valence? You would have to make sure it doesn't move when you open and close the curtain or it would make a noise.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 6:21 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Well, personally, I would take the locks off their doors until they were old enough to be responsible. But if that's not an option or you like having the locks, here are a few ideas.. well, the most obvious is buying a lock box or safe. It's a good idea to have one of those anyway. Then you only have one key to hide. Which can be taped to the underside of a night stand or dresser. Or, you can hide them inside your box spring. You don't have to cut a hole, just remove one of the staples from the side and tuck them up onto the ledge. If you have a master bathroom, place them in an air tight bag or container (make sure it's small or it will float) and put it in the toilet tank. Or find a shirt with pockets that you never wear and put it in the far back corner of your closet then put the keys in the pocket. Hmm.. can't think of much else without knowing what all you have in your room. Hope this gave you a couple good spots!
    Megs5384

Answer by Megs5384 at 6:22 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• if you have a lamp in your room, flip it over- if it has a false bottom you can put them there.

the metal bar in your closet can easily be removed from one side or the other (and is just as easy to put back) and you can hide them in there.

take a piece of wire/string and attach it inside of your air vent and drop the keys in there, securing them for easy removal.

those are all places that I found pot when I lived with my ex... he had a way of hiding things. I would NEVER have caught the bar in the closet if I had not WATCHED him do it.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 6:25 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I would take the door off her room. If she can't respect your privacy then she doesn't need any either.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 6:34 PM on Jan. 14, 2010