How can I help her?

A friend of mine has been trying to get pregnant for 7 years, she finally found out after Christmas that she was and today she found out that they had lost the baby. She had her husband are obviously distraught and I'm not sure what if anything I can do to help...any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:08 PM on Jan. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I think just being there. Letting her know that you will be by her side for anything. Even if it's just to hold her while she cries or helping with house work or whatever she needs. And to listen. Even when she's not making any sense what-so-ever, or screaming at the top of her lungs. She has to know that she has a support system that will let her feel however she needs to feel without being told that it's not right, or that she needs to move on or whatever.
    I'm sorry that your friend is going through this. I hope that she will be blessed with the beautiful baby that she so obviously dreams of. You're both in my prayers.
    Megs5384

Answer by Megs5384 at 6:49 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I said a short prayer for your friend. I would advise counsoling asap and I would offer to be there for her weather it be to talk, cry, help with housework, help with cooking or whatever she might need. Just let her know that your there for her.
    Texan1993

Answer by Texan1993 at 9:00 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I also prayed for your friend. The only advice I can give is to just love her and be there for her. I am so sorry this happened.
    ((((Hugs))))))
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 9:24 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• i will pray for them too and just let them know you sorry about it and if they need someone you will be there for them dont say anything like it was meant to be shes going to hear it enough and just be her shoulder to cry on
    Anonymous

• just be there if they need something lik a shoulder to cry on
    parrott39

Answer by parrott39 at 10:50 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I myself have had 3 miscarriages so from personal experience, just be there to listen but dont make her talk to you. when she is ready she will talk. it may be easier for her to write her feelings down and have you read them. Dont tell her that she can have another baby (she wanted that one), dont tell her she's young yet (she doesnt care), dont tell her the baby must have had problems (she would have loved it anyway)... Tell her you love her and you are there for her. While you cannot truly understand what she is going through (and dont try) you can still be her friend. Time will help her. She lost a child while it wasnt born yet it was still her baby and it is a very hard time.
    Jaimed2004

Answer by Jaimed2004 at 8:22 PM on Jan. 15, 2010