PROMISES, PROMISES: Many Obama pledges unkept

During his two-year campaign, Obama thrilled massive crowds with soaring speeches, often railing against an Iraq war that now is seldom mentioned.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100114/ap_on_go_pr_wh/us_obama_s_year_promises

Anyone really surprised?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:10 PM on Jan. 14, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• The only thing I'm surprised at is the number of people who continue to support him, publicly at least, by telling us that the things we know for sure aren't: said, promised, declining, climbing, in/out, what we heard with our own ears, saw with our own eyes....... We are told that we didn't understand or that he would "make myself perfectly clear" with "unprecedented" somethings. Don't make promises. Just state what you want to try with all our resources to get done and then strive to do your best. We are treated like stupid uneducated "redneck teabaggers" - even if you aren't.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:56 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• BUT...BUT.... Give hime time it's only been X days, weeks, months, yrs.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 6:15 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Yeah, that "not even a year" line expires in 6 more days. What's going to be the cool kids' excuse for 2010?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:17 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Of course not. I'd have been surprised had the promises been kept. No, I don't think time would make a difference. Cleaning out a lot of Washington would.

Actually, I don't consider the track record all that bad. In fact, TODAY's proposal of a new tax on banks is the first one that I can wholeheartedly say I don't approve of. I'm good with hitting the companies that took government money. But the ones that DIDN'T? Not a good move in my book.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:22 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• and how many KEPT?
    Anonymous

• so you aren't surprised, anon :24?
    Anonymous

• Promising to bankrupt America and turn it into a third world country are "promises" I hope he FAILS to keep!!

President Obama: Sticker (Bumper)

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:39 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• OP here. You didn't bother to read the article, did you? I only asked if you were surprised.

And you went immediately to name-calling. Nice.
    Anonymous

• My favorite kept promise is the one for transparancy. OH!! WAIT!! he didnt keep that one either.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 7:26 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

***
    Okay. NO, I'm not surprised in the least. In fact, I am hoping he continues to FAIL....at bringing this once great country to it's knees!!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:50 PM on Jan. 14, 2010