If you lost custody of one or all of your children, would you be okay with only seeing them once every year or two?

I can't believe it. So, after 7 months of not calling she called and informed me she was back in California. We work some stuff out and she got a visit in mid December (her last visit was September of 08 and before that was October of 07). At that visit i told her now that she was back in California she would probably get at least one more (if not 2 or 3 more) visits in before we move.

...well, she calls me today and says she's back in Montana. What the heck??? She just signed off to let her first child move to Germany to be with his dad (military) and was informed she could have more visits as long as she was in the same state and she MOVES?

Is there something i just don't understand? Would you hang around for a few more months so you could see your child a few more times? I'm so confused.

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 6:17 PM on Jan. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I would not be ok with anything less then them with me daily! I can't see how anyone would be ok with that!
    lbranta

Answer by lbranta at 8:05 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• It wouldn't happen my children would be with me.. But you got me confused, who called. Explain more please
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 6:21 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I so uns=derstand your confusion. We have had custody over 4 years of both our grandchildren. Their Mother has since had a 3 rd child and lost custody of him in Dec 09. She calls infrequently..maybe every 3 months..and hasn't visited in over 2 yrs. Even though the court has now taken away her parental rights and they are adopted by us we have always left the visitation door open. I never want one of the kids to be able to say to us "You wouldn't let our Mom/Dad see us" Bottom line, she is selfish and the only way she could care less..is to not call at all. I hope it works out for you, In the meantime just do whatever you can to make that child(ren) feel loved, safe and secure.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 6:23 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Opps. soory. My DSS's BM called.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 6:23 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I really have no idea. I couldn't imagine having a child and not wanting to be with them as much as possible (besides the necessary breaks from my son at times so I don't blow my brains out..lol) This is REALLY sad.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 6:28 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Never ever would I be okay with that. They are my life and always will be. My 5 year old son is actually my nephew, but his mom lost custody of him when her and her boyfriend abused him for six months and almost killed him. I could never imagine how I would feel if he was gone. He is my child too and always will be.
    nichole0509

Answer by nichole0509 at 6:30 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• If for some strange reason I lost custody of either or both of my kids...I would NOT be okay with only seeing them once a year or two...seeing them once a week would not even be okay with me. I would want to see them every chance I got..and I would continue to fight for them as long as I live. I love my kids more than anything. Maybe she wasn't ready to be a mother?
    michellelee3708

Answer by michellelee3708 at 7:22 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• No it wouldn't but she lost custody for a reason!! I think she is putting herself above her kids, and probably for your step-kids sake better of with out the crazy broad anyway! Thanks for being there for them!! :)
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 7:26 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Nothing will ever stand between me and my child. I'd hate to be the person who tried.
    Anonymous