post partum?

I can't take it. I'm losing myself I feel so selfish and I just want to leave her and my husband and run away. Idk. I feel like he doesn't love me anymore and I feel like the reason hes still around is my baby, and I feel so totally inadequate in taking care of her. She makes me feel worthless, and helpless, and Idk what to do. she' 2 months old for god's sake. and I suck at being a mother. I'm such a terrible person, and she deserves so much more!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:30 PM on Jan. 14, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You need to talk to your doctor asap. Get some anti-depressants and have a chat with your family so they understand how you feel so they can help out.
    Itsonono

Answer by Itsonono at 6:33 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• You need to get help ASAP. Make an appt to see your Dr. Also let you hubby know how you feel so he can try and help you out till you get help.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 6:36 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Yup! Post Partum! At least recognize what is going on and talk to your dr about some antidepressants! I waited until my dd was a year and ended up in a mental hospital... get this taken care of or it gets a LOT worse!
    Anonymous

• honey, its going to be ok. It sounds like you are just going through post partum depression and you should go to your doctor asap, and let them know and you can be put on medicine and you will be ok.
    Texan1993

Answer by Texan1993 at 8:36 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Frst thing I want you to do is breath... okay now that you did that.. I understand that you feel that way about the father.. believe me I felt the same way.. Have you tried talking to him? only HE can validate his feelings for you... Second off.. if you are loving your baby, and feeding your baby, clothing your baby, soothing your baby when your baby cries... you are not a terrible mother. Yes you are going to have those moments you want to scream.. and cry.. and run away.. at those moments you need to take care of you. have your husband watch you new little one, and go do girly things. get your nails done, go to the movies with a girlfriend.. if you feel trapped while you are feeling worthless, only bad things will result from that. I also say you should consult your doctor.. even if you take a medication until you are over this hump, its okay to do this for yourself.. good luck. you know where to find me.her on cafemom.. :)
    icn_mom

Answer by icn_mom at 9:24 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I agree that talking to your husband is a good idea. I know everyone says to call your doctor which you should do, but some people don't feel comfortable doing that and feel embarassed to be feeling this way. I started getting post partum and would talk to my husband about. He always made me feel better. Also, you need to get out of the house once in a while. Leave your baby with your husband and go shopping by yourself. I'm sure you are doing a fine job of being a mother. Think of all the f-ups out there. Just make sure you talk to someone right away, or it will only get worse if you let it bottle up inside.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 10:44 AM on Jan. 15, 2010