How much sleep should a 4 month old get?

My daughter is 4 months and my 3 year old wakes her up constatnly during the day. So now when she naps it is only for 10 or so minutes at a time. She is sleeping 6 hours straight through the night now, though.

I was just wondering about how many hours she needs?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:40 PM on Jan. 14, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son would sleep about 12 hours a day. He would sleep through the night for 8 hours then take a nap for 4 hours and then a few 5-10 min naps every now and then. Just when he would fall asleep playing.
    Anonymous

• Typically 14-16 hours a day, I think... might be 16-18. If you can't control the 3 y/o, then I would put baby in a sling for naps. They do need their rest during the day.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 6:55 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• The 4 mo old needs lots of sleep. Mine was getting close to 18 hours a day until she was 9 mos old. She is now 18 mos and is getting close to 16 hours total including naps.
    coala

Answer by coala at 6:57 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• You might try wearing her in a sling. She can sleep in the sling while you do other things.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 7:59 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I am in the same boat as you OP...except my 4 month does 15-30 minute naps and there is also a almost 2 yr old running around too! Her doctor said as long as she is growing and not to disgruntled.
    Brickhouse95

Answer by Brickhouse95 at 8:17 PM on Jan. 14, 2010