UTI and pregnancy

I know this probably sounds weird but I've heard that getting a UTI could be a possible sign of pregnancy. I know thats not always the case but I think I might be. Has a UTI ever been a sign for anyone?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:51 PM on Jan. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Take a test and no to your answer.
    officerdouglas

Answer by officerdouglas at 7:00 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• well i dont know about a "sign of pregnancy" but I never had a UTI until I was pregnant. I was in my last trimester before I got one though. It's very comman for pregnant women to develop UTI's during pregnancy and after birth.
    Super09Mom

Answer by Super09Mom at 7:01 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I've never had a UTI, but I do know that the first yeast infection I ever got was during my 3rd pregnancy and the dr said that was very common (yeast infections during pregnancy)

Answer by missanc at 7:13 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Nope. It was the other way around for me; I was told after my first appointment with my first pregnancy that I had a UTI, and I would never have known if it weren't for having gone to the doctor. But I've had several over the years, and that's the only one while pregnant.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:21 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Yes, speaking for myself I have had a UTI at the very beginning of both my pregnancies and had more during the course of them. My midwife says it is common,
    kittymontclaire

Answer by kittymontclaire at 3:08 AM on Jan. 16, 2010