My little girl is 7 months old, and she has Eczema. Can't find any lotion that won't break her out.

My little girl is 7 months old, and she has Eczema. With all the cold weather lately her skin is very dry. Her Doctor has her on Derma Smoothe Oil for when she has a breakout, which I only use at night. I have tried Eucerin cream and lotion, Nivea cream and Aquaphor lotion and they all make her breakout. My question is there anything that other mothers have tried on their kids that works?

Elsies_Mommy

Asked by Elsies_Mommy at 6:58 PM on Jan. 14, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• aveeno
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 7:01 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Aveeno is a good one and you can also get the vacaline lotion. That works great for my friends son. You might need to get a lotion from her doctor to use durring the day if you only use the oil at night.
    Anonymous

• There is an eczema cream that i used on my son, its in the baby section at target, i think the top shelf. The brand is gentle naturals. It has winnie the pooh on the front. it works pretty good, unsure if it will make your baby breakout. hope this helps
    DilsMommy

Answer by DilsMommy at 7:07 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• coconut oil

Answer by rkoloms at 7:08 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Try Cetaphil...
    wishwish

Answer by wishwish at 7:08 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• The only one that has EVER worked for my kids is California Baby. It's all natural, and its made specifically for kids with sensitive skin and eczema. You can find it in the baby section at target.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 7:10 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• AveenoBaby - Soothing Relief Moisture Cream. It claims to relieve "even dry skin from eczema" which I don't know because my son doesn't have it, but I do know he has very dry skin and this is about the only thing that helps.

Answer by missanc at 7:10 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• You could try Palmer's Shea Butter (at WalMart) or -- and this might sound weird -- Crisco. My sister is a special-ed teacher and had a kid with excema. She wasn't allowed to use any medicated creams on the child, so she would use Crisco, and that helped. I have eczema, and use hydrocortesone cream (use the 1/2% strength, not the 1% strength. OTC at any pharmacy.) Ask the Dr. first, though, as it may be too harsh for an infant.
    karen44

Answer by karen44 at 7:13 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• baby excema cream, its in a green box
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 7:19 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• is the aquaphor the vaseline looking stuff or an actual lotion?
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:20 PM on Jan. 14, 2010