Quirky bible sayings.....

I heard the saying "a good samaritan" as a kid, like Good Samaritan Award. I dont remember who I heard it from but I got the jist of it. Its a good citizen doing the right thing, right? Well, Im assuming it derives from the bible and its an actual class of people. Anyway, what about the saying..."you will get struck by lightning" ? Does it also comes from the bible?

Do you want to share any? I know there a ton more......

3gigglemonsters

Asked by 3gigglemonsters at 7:01 PM on Jan. 14, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• The one that comes to mind is "the writing's on the wall" based on Daniel 5.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 7:29 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• The Parable of the Good Samaritan - Luke 10:30-37
    erdavh

Answer by erdavh at 7:22 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I found a website that lists all the times lightening was mentioned in the bible: http://www.streetdirectory.com/travel_guide/105289/religion/the_lightning_in_bible_and_quran.html

erdavh

Answer by erdavh at 7:26 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• "theres a time for peace & a time for war" i hear that one a lot & its in Ecclesiastes. also, i hear "everything under the sun" a lot & thats in Ecclesiastes, too (i think).
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 9:22 PM on Jan. 14, 2010