My 12 month old's dirty diapers.

about a week ago my 12 month old came off of formula and started on milk. The past few days his poopy has been a weird color. Its always been dark and solid. Its still solid but now its this weird yellowish light color. Is that normal from the switch to milk? Is that ok, or should I be concerned over how he is digesting it? Anyone else have toddlers do this during the switch from formula to milk? I know this question is kinda gross but we are all momma's here.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:11 PM on Jan. 14, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• sounds normal to me. If he were having a problem digesting it would be too runny or too hard. I wouldn't worry about color too much. My son's did the same thing when i switched him to milk.
    Jjoneslagrange

Answer by Jjoneslagrange at 7:14 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Try lactose-free milk and see if there is a change. And yes, they do make lactose-free milk that is REAL milk, not soy or rice milk. Actually, it isn't "lactose free", but it has lactase added to it, which is the chemical a person's body makes to help digest lactose. Peolple with lactose intolerance do not make enough of this chemical. But it SAYS "lactose free" on the label. If his stools return to "normal", I'd stick with the lactose free stuff. He could have a lactose sensitivity.
    Iskkra

Answer by Iskkra at 7:34 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• YEs, milk will lighten the poop. Once my nefew pooped white! I was concerned so I called the doctor and it was just milk overdose. Offer. milk and other dairy like cheese and yougurt.
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 2:30 AM on Jan. 16, 2010